IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite Module 2.0 Beta Version is out now.
Url rewriting is an important feature that will enable application to be search engine friendly and make url more readable. IIS 7.0 comes with built in url rewriting module so you don’t need to write more code for url rewriting module. URL Rewriting module will do following for you.
- Replace the URLs generated by a web application in the response HTML with a more user friendly and search engine friendly equivalent
- Modify the links in the HTML markup generated by a web application behind a reverse proxy.
- Fix up the content of any HTTP response by using regular expression pattern matching
You can download IIS 7.0 URL Rewrite Module 2.0 Beta Version from the following.
It is containing following features.
- Rule base url rewriting Engine
- Regular Expression Pattern Matching.
- Wild card pattern matching.
- Global and Distributed rewrite rules.
- Access to server variable and http headers.
- Various Rule Actions
- String manipulation features.
- Support for IIS kernel mode and user mode output caching
- Failed Request Tracing Support
- Rule Templates
- UI for testing of regular expression and wildcard patterns
- UI for managing rewrite rules and rewrite maps
- GUI tool for importing of mod_rewrite rules
For more details about IIS 7.0 Url Rewriting modules visit following links.