Why a developer should blog?
I have been blogging since last three year on my BlogSpot blog and it was quite fun writing blogs. I have started a blog as repository of my technical things and but after some posts I realize that there are lots of people are using it and It’s a great way to express your feelings about Technical things. I have been promoting blogging among my friends and people and lots of people ask me that why a developer should blog if he has good knowledge what ever domain he is working why he should blog? A developer should only concentrate on technical things rather then writing blog or taking part in the community but I am not agree with that. Even some developers has started blogging and after some time they not writing due some reasons. Here are some facts that why a developer should blog.
- Blogging is a great way to express your feeling about anything that you blog. Whether It’s a technical blog or whatever you are blogging about.
- Through your blog you can show your technical expertise to real world and you can market your self. Who knows some employer are watching your blog and will offer you a job based on your technical things you are blogging.
- You can create a repository of your technical things and later on you can retrieve that from your blog whenever you need them.
- Teaching new things to other people is best way to learn. If you teach people they will have some question and you will become mature in that technology.
- It will also increase your writing capabilities which will help you to manage document,write document and other things at your professional front. My writing skills are much better then when i write my first blog post.
- Through blog you are communicating with real world and it will enhance your communication skills.
- There are some prestigious award Like Microsoft MVP which you can only get if you are doing community work or blogging. I just have been awarded as Microsoft MVP for visual C# because of my blogging and community work.
- After writing your blog post just read your blog post you will feel proud whatever you did.
I have also seen that lots of developers are started blog and then after some time they have decided to quit from blogging and here are some common reason.
- I don’t have time to blog. Time management is very important thing and a Google calendar can be your friend. You can write events and notes to calendar and it will remind you that you have blog about this in this time line. One of my Friend and Guide Jacob teach me this technique. He is writer of several SQL Server books and an Microsoft MVP for SQL Server.
- I am not an expert of technology or I don’t know about latest technology. Lot’s of people told me what we should blog I don’t know much about latest technology. Here is my answer for that you don’t have to write about latest technology or latest trends you just need to write what you know whether it’s a new or whether its old. I am confess still I don’t know lots of things but I am blogging about whatever i know or whatever i have lean in recent days. Most of visitor of your blog will come for small articles not a advance technical articles.
- I am not getting page hits for my blog. Well, you don’t have to blog for page hits or anything else. Just write blog and read your post and feel proud of whatever you did. For page hits you can optimize you blog for search engine and through search engine optimization you will get page hits.
- I am not getting positive comments for my blog. Well, People are more negative then being positive for what ever we did. Try to do your best and comment moderation will help you for this. Now days are every blogging plate form is having comment moderation. Just feel proud of whatever you did and then after some time you will realize there are so many peoples are there who are encouraging you to write more. One good comment is more encouraging then three negative comments. You will also find people who is going to tell you are writing blogs and you don’t know simple things you should have this knowledge they all are afraid of you because they know that you are far better then them. So don’t put your concentration on that just ignore them because everyone can not master everything.
Hope this will help you.. Still you have not started blogging then start it right away.